Regulation VideoContest ‘'Francesco Pasinetti'' Fourteenth edition
Short Film Festival in Venice
The association "Friends of Pasinetti" in collaboration with Circuito Cinema, the Art School "Michelangelo Guggenheim" in Venice and the Art School "Giovanni Valle" in Padua, under the patronage of Regione Veneto, the Municipality of Venice and the Ufficio Scolastico Territoriale Regionale of Venice, organizes the 14th edition of the Video Contest "Francesco Pasinetti".
The participation in this contest, whose socio-cultural value has recently been acknowledged with the medal of the President of Republic, is free and open to all. The contest is divided into different sections, some of which are addressed to specific targets. In the final selection, special attention will be given to the documentary genre, especially linked to the city of Venice and to the videos dealing with social and environmental issues.
- Documentary: "Venice: a city" Award offered by Confartigianato Venezia, maximum 15’.
- Theme Video: "Venice in the eyes of children" Award offered by the Association Cerchidonda, maximum 5’.
- Theme Video: "Diversity as a cultural, social and environmental value", maximum 15’.
- Free Theme Video, maximum 15’.
- VideoMusic: Award offered by Hard Rock Café Venice, maximum 15’.
- VideoArt: Award Maurizio Cosua, edited by Elisabetta di Sopra, maximum10’.
- “Booktrailer”: Award Bruno Rosada, this section is addressed to students, educational institutes: middle schools and high schools of the Regione Veneto, maximum 2‘.
- Video "Shorts in the running": video documentation for the "Up and Down the bridges” of Venice, maximum 3'. Micrometraggio:
- "Carnival in the city", award offered by Vela, maximum 1’.
- "Animated gif", Free technique and theme , maximum 1’.
The film critic Carlo Montanaro will preside over the Jury, composed of cinema experts and representatives of the proposing organizations. The best works will be presented to the public during the Festival:
The "Festival Francesco Pasinetti" will be held at the end of May, in various sites of Venice.
- The Winner will receive a cash prize of 400 Euros. Award offered by Confartigianato Venezia.
- The Video winner at the Festival, together with a selection of the most interesting products, will also be proposed at the Mostra del Cinema di Venezia.
- The Winners of the various sections will receive a prize consisting of computer equipment. Award offered by Coop Alleanza 3.0.
In addition, the following prizes will be awarded:
- Prize Best Cinematography, assigned by the Photo club "La Gondola".
- Prize by the Regione Veneto, assigned to a Venetian videomaker taking part in the Contest.
- Prize Bruno Rosada: each winner will be awarded a prize in coupons for the purchase of computer equipment, amounting to € 500.
- The Prize Maurizio Cosua, presided over by a panel of experts, will allow the winner to use an exhibition space in Venice for a week.
- The Jury may assign further awards to works considered worth of special mention.
the registration to the contest is free and open to all.
The videos must be received not later than April 11, 2017, together with the entry form downloaded from the website www.festivalpasinetti.it;
it is mandatory to specify which section the video takes part in.
DVDs, and Entry form must be sent to the address:
VideoConcorso "Francesco Pasinetti",
Liceo Artistico "Michelangelo Guggenheim",
Dorsoduro 2613, 30123 Venezia;
mp4, mov, gif maximum 500 mb can be sent through We Transfer or Drop Box to the e-mail address: email@example.com
Any possible further information is available on the website www.festivalpasinetti.it
DS Art School